It was my first time go to Kingsgate workshop, and it was a very nice walk from West Hampstead...The huge studio complex attach with a new workshop space and an open gallery....looked an Japanese artist is doing a semi Richard Tuttle like multiple show in the gallery space.
Adam who is the building manager walk around on his mobile...and I was so lucky to catch him when he on sight. With a red star on his hat..... I knew it should be exciting and liberate talk from the sole. The Kingsgate space started off as an artists squat sight....as the times goes....the artists get together and started to get the permission to run a building....later on...it started to talk on a formal business structure and deliver community commitment to bring art to the local people. There is mixed of artists and designers from various stage of their career. We went around a few levels in the building. There are some nice things on the door..... a cardboard peacock in the park.... stain glass looking window. There are several donation from V & A for the photography dark room..... a dark room for studio artists to use which is really handly. There is a newly fund workshop spaces going on, open up for two photographers trying to put up a new show. It is pretty cool space for project...I wish I can do a show there soon.
With all the effort from Adam and several consultant from NFASP. I know how difficult for creative people try to get organise and try to put paper work together....and try to keep everyone happy. I wish all the luck to Adam...and I look forward to all the exciting opening events and festival in Summer. Surely will have a drink with Adam soon.
Kingsgate Workshops
www.kingsgateworkshops.org.uk
Studio enquiry
www.nfasp.org.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment